- Why did you want to participate in an Internship?
- As per my school requirement, it is mandatory for all students to go on internship during their final year in school. Personally, I felt that coming to internship was such a precious opportunity where I get to experience the working world for myself. Unlike being in school, where we were quite sheltered within the 4 walls of the class. I figured that this will also prepare me in advance when I enter into the workforce in the future.
- Why did you choose to do IT in your Internship?
- I’m currently studying Business Information Systems in my Polytechnic and choosing to do IT will greatly benefit me as I can apply what I have learnt in school into my internship. I have always wanted to experience what it feels like to be an IT Professional in a working environment as well.
- Please share with us your specific job scope during your internship?
- As an Intern, I had responsibilities such as carrying out the daily operational tasks of checking the office equipment to make sure that they are working. Aside from that, I also provided first level troubleshooting support for the users in the company. Whenever they encounter an issue with the IT equipment, I will give my best to assist them accordingly to solve the issues. On a weekly basis, I would help with the company’s website maintenance whereby we have to make sure that our company websites are running and functioning in a proper manner. I was also assigned with a project where I need to create and maintain new websites for the company that has launched over the months during my internship. It was also during this internship where I get to learn about how asset management and re-imaging of software is done.
- How would you rate your internship experience at EPS Computer Systems Pte Ltd? What are your most interesting and memorable part of your internship work?
- On the scale of 1-10, I would say my internship experience at EPS Computer Systems is 8/10. One thing I find interesting and memorable was that during this Internship was that I was also given the opportunity to experience how it feels like to work in a corporate environment of nearly 200 employees where I provide end user support. This experience itself added a whole new dimension of what it is like to work in the IT industry. Another thing that I appreciate during this internship was that beyond doing what I have learnt in school, I also learnt about the different kinds of IT in this company that I was in. An example would be networking which I was never exposed to in school. But I was exposed to it and given the opportunity to troubleshoot networking issues during this internship. I can proudly say that with this knowledge I have attained, it opens up another dimension of IT where I can venture in the future.
- What were the things you felt that it was good for this entire internship?
- I feel very welcomed to this company. Even though I came in as an intern but I felt like I’m part of the company. This is also made possible through my supervisor who trusts me and has given me opportunities to excel in things that I never though was possible. Also, being new to the new IT industry, I appreciate to have a very patient and understanding supervisor who guides me step by step in this internship. He will take the effort and go the extra mile to make sure that I really learn and understand something at the end of day. He will often share his experience with me on how I should approach certain situations in the future as well.
- What were things you felt that it wasn’t so good for this internship?
- I was very nervous during the first month of internship that I could not cope well. Also I was not very confident in my internship due to my limited skills and knowledge where I felt that I always has to trouble my supervisor and was not able to do much to help in the company. But it all changed when I realized how supportive my supervisors are to guide me in my baby steps to learning something different from what I did in school. Because of this, it gave me the confidence where I was able handle situations with a renewed perspective.
- Does your internship experience match your expectation?
- At the end of the day, this internship experience did match up to my expectation. The reason behind it was because I truly understood and experienced how it would be like to work in the IT industry in the future. Right here in EPS Computer Systems, I was given a tasks that tested me my abilities and skills but at the same time it also prepares to me work in this industry in the future.
- What are you planning to do after your internship?
- After my internship, I’m planning to go back to school to finish my final semester and I will graduate from my course. It was also in this internship where I developed a passion for IT and found out that in IT, it is a never-ending learning process. After I finish up my studies, I would like to pursue IT in the future because I was truly inspired during this internship.
Questions About Internships in Singapore?
Please visit Internships in Singapore to know more about eligibility and living environment.