Our client is an engineering company specializing in business payment automation technology. Their innovation is used all around the world in 92 countries to simplify payment processes. The infrastructure team in Singapore is part of a global hosting team and is responsible for providing reliable infrastructure to the company’s hosted business and to ensure sustainability, efficiency and value creation for the company.
||System engineer intern
||Monday to Friday
|Required English Level
- As an intern in the team, your primary role will be to restructure, clean-up and secure our development environment, comprising essentially of Windows servers.
- With the help and oversight of the Infrastructure manager, you will propose a new design for this environment, recommend and agree on a project plan and finally implement/rollout the changes – whilst working with the application and network teams to minimize the impact of these changes.
- You will learn and work on:
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Server Update Services
- WMWare EXSi
- Server creation & administration
If you are dynamic, fast paced and self-driven enough to conduct the project in a shorter time than expected, and yet willing to learn, the team has other projects you can work on:
- hardware move in the data-center
- log analysis via Elastic Search (ELK)
- RedHat server configuration
- Redhat Satellite/Capsule setup.
- Students pursuing graduate studies in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Engineering.
- You’re good at:
- Being willing to learn
- Being self-driven and work autonomously
- Collaboration with other teams
- Passionate about IT and systems
- You have:
- Strong IT background
- Good knowledge of Windows server family
- Knowledge of Windows administration (Active Directory, Group policy, …)
- Windows Powershell scripting
- Extra awesome:
- VMWare ESXi experience, virtualization understanding
- RedHat administration knowledge
- ELK Experience