- Can you give me a brief introduction about yourself?
- I am Canyon, 20 years old. I am a student currently studying E-Business Programming at ITE College East.
- Can you tell me about where you work and which department did you work in?
- I had my internship at EPS Computer Systems Pte Ltd and I was part of the IT department. My company is located in the central business district area which is surrounded by many business buildings. As EPS is split into both EPS Computer Systems Pte Ltd and EPS Consultants Pte Ltd, I saw many consultants meeting their candidates. I also witnessed the way they talk to their candidates over the phone. Being in the IT department, I assisted my colleagues to troubleshoot their IT devices if they face any issues with their laptop, printer or any IT equipment. I was also tasked with daily duties such as conducting daily operational checks on the office equipment. An example would be to make sure that the servers are up and running. The same goes for our company websites as well. After my checks, I will provide my supervisor with an update on our office equipment.
- How did you feel before starting your internship?
- I felt very nervous because I’m new to IT. There were many things that I was not familiar with. I was afraid that I couldn’t match up with the company’s expectations. I also wondered about how my prospective colleagues and office environment were going to be like. But everything changed when I embarked on this Internship, my mentor was patient and understanding towards me because I was still new to IT.
- What did you learn during your internship abroad period?
- With my internship abroad coming to an end, I realized this experience is something that I will not take for granted. I learned so much in the classrooms, but in this Internship, my practical skills were put to use. It served as a beneficial end to my formal education. In my opinion, the best way to learn is by practicing. I am truly grateful for this opportunity. I learned how website management, website maintenance, asset management and re-imaging of Software was done. I also learned how to provide Administrative Support to others. I grew to realize the importance of time management. Communication and Teamwork play a major role in group projects. I learned how to perform under pressure and different ways of email replying and acknowledgment.
- Looking back during your internship abroad, what did you think your internship abroad was like?
- It was a very enjoyable experience and a very challenging journey. During this internship, it gave me insights on how IT industry works. Everybody must play their part to bring the company together. I think Internship brings another dimension of learning which cannot be attained in schools. It gives me a taste of how the working world is like and an idea on to behave as an IT professional.
- What are you going to do after this internship abroad?
- I am going back to my school to finish my course of study.
- Are there any future plans to remain in this industry?
- Sadly, I do not see any future plans to remain in the IT industry. I feel that I am too new to this industry and I don’t think I can keep up with the future IT development.
Questions About Internships in Singapore?
Please visit Internships in Singapore to know more about eligibility and living environment.